Maybe not. If the scenario proves true and if Canon does NOT make a 6MP
DSLR, it will mean in the bottom tier, Canon will hold a 2MP edge over their
competitors.  New-to-market customers, for which a few 10, 20, 30 dollars
does not make a difference, and have no other real basis for comparison will
likely go with the higher MP camera.

Canon could conceivably outgun the competition in price and megapixels if
there were to be a price war.

Tom C.