On 21/12/06, Leon Altoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have 2 4 gig Ridata 150X cards for the K10D and they work fine.  I
> haven't been able to find a card reader locally that says it supports
> the SDHC standard and the few that I have convinced the shops to let me
> try don't work. So for the time being I use the camera as the card reader.
>
> I don't find the cards slow.  I shot off 9 RAW files before the buffer
> filled up and then they shot off about 1 a second after that.  I haven't
> tried to fill up the card with jpegs, if I wanted a movie camera I would
> have bought one.
>
> Can anyone recommend a card reader that supports SDHC and a place to buy
> it from - possibly in Australia if not somewhere that ships to Australia?

Sandisk has a little USB dongle style dedicated SDHC reader, the best
places in oz on-line are probably
http://www.digitalcamerawarehouse.com.au/ and
http://www.qualitycamera.com.au/

Also I found a good fact sheet on SDHC at the Sandisk web site which
may be interest to some:

http://www.sandisk.com/Assets/File/pdf/retail/SDHC1.pdf

--
Rob Studdert