At my work, they bought a digital camera around 2000, a 3 Mp point and shoot
thing but it was an up market one with hot shoe flash.
Cannot remember the brand now.
it uses i think a CF card or something like it, not little pins.
It cannot be used any more because of the repeated times the card has been
pulled, the contacts in the camera are worn out (maybe dirty?)
Cannot use usb with this camera cause it is RS232 so getting pics is
sloooooooooooooow. hence pulling card out.

hope same doesn't  happen with other camers that use CF and connectors like it.

James