> Just pop your SD card in your DSLR only upside down and push real
> hard, you'll find something will break but most often it's the card.
> I'm also hearing more anecdotes about dirty contacts on SD cards
> causing read/write unreliability. Nothing's fool proof.

True, but it's vastly easier to bend the pins in a CF slot and *not even
know it*.

I remember one lady at the store who put the card in upside down, put light
pressure on it only for an instant, noticed it wasn't moving, and then tried
it the proper way.  One of the pins was bent just from that.

If you look closely at the pins in a CF slot, you'll see that a few are
longer than others.  They're always the first to go, and it only takes one
to ruin your day.

The one that almost made me laugh in someone's face was the old woman who
saw the little arrow on the CF card and thought it was supposed to be
pointing up, instead of into the card slot.  Every single pin in the slot
was flat.  She had been so sure of herself, she took a small rubber mallot
to the card to try to get it to stay in.

John

--
http://www.neovenator.com
http://www.cafepress.com/neovenatorphoto