Yes, I can relate to that. When I owned my cars (I mean not work
provided cars) I also recorded the expenses. I did not record my
expenses when I was shooting film 3 years ago.

I agree that going digital saves money spent on processing and film.
But then again I had to buy some DVDs, and then external storage
device, which thankfully to my family and friends was given to me as a
gift.

But indeed, digital is more economical on one's wallet.

Cheers.

On 1/23/07, Godfrey DiGiorgi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> All I can tell you, Boris, is that when I was doing photography as a
> hobby through the 1990s and into 2001, I was spending as much as
> $2000 a year on film and processing. Moving to digital cameras in
> 2002 as my primary capture freed up a lot of my money (and time!) to
> do more photography.
>
> I've always had all my photographic endeavors detailed in my
> accounting records, just like I have my automobiles, motorcycles and
> travel expenses ... It's just way to look at it and say to myself at
> the end of the year, "What have I been doing with my money all year?
> and was it worth it?" The photography always has been ... ;-)

> On Jan 23, 2007, at 4:42 AM, Boris Liberman wrote:
>
> > Gentlemen, there has to be a distinction made. It would be only
> > logical that the whole way of thinking of a person sells their
> > photographs and a person who is pure hobbyist are two totally
> > different kettles of fish.
> >
> > I made similar calc with my *istD. I see very little value in making
> > this kind of computation unless one is selling one's own work. It
> > would seem that Jens makes a sell or two every now and then ;-). Thus
> > for him it is very viable circumstance.

Boris