cbwaters wrote:
The AF220T and AF280T flashes can definitely be used on the new K10D,
> however it will only work in manual mode."
>
> Now you know.

Not true, body!
Any dedicated flash can be used in ANY mode on the K10D. (Except they don't
do TTL with the K10D - no flash does TTL on K10D!).

There's is one exception though - flashes like the old AF500FTZ, that does
NOT feature Automatic Aperture modes (it simply doesn't have a sensor in the
flash unit).
This flash sucks with the K10D - it does only full power or TTL!.

The K10D does P-TTL   - (which requires a P-TTL flash  like the AF360FGZ or
the AF540FGZ.), which is a sort of "pre-fire-and-meter" kind of TTL -
perhaps superior to ordenary TTL, perhaps not.

Regards
Jens Bladt

Latest photographs: http://flickr.com/photos/bladt/
http://www.jensbladt.dk