On May 15, 2007, at 10:35 AM, Tom C wrote:

> Well I just don't expect perfection from any review site or reviewer I
> guess.  Sure there are flaws in testing methodologies.  Yes there are
> opinions given.  It's still far better than walking in to Ritz, Wolf,
> substitute store name here, Camera and talking to the salesperson.

When I walk into the local camera shop and ask to see something new,
I also ask them to pull out the instruction manual. Any good camera
shop will do that. I've usually read the instruction manual by
downloading it from the distributor beforehand anyway. It's very rare
in this day and age that I need to ask the counter help for
information, nor are most of them informed enough to give me anything
of any merit.

> Frankly, I'd venture to say that if dpreview.com gave Pentax undiluted
> adulation and praise, instead of 85% adulation and praise along
> with some
> negative aspects to consider, that few here would have a negative
> thing to
> say about dpreview.

I don't care one way or another whether they praise or pan any given
brand. I care whether they present objective and well characterized
specs and test data.