Interesting thread.

By coincidence I was visiting an old friend last week who runs one of
the country's few camera shops that still sells film cameras almost
exclusively.  (John's Camera in Blacksburg, VA)  John has about a
hundred film cameras in stock ranging from 35mm up to large format
(he has a gorgeous baby Linhof outfit for sale!).  He's well stocked
with film and darkroom supplies.  He's just bought another minilab
processor and is installing it now.  He's seen an upswing in film
camera sales in the last year.

I sell regularly on eBay, and I've noticed a dramatic upswing in
prices for some types of film cameras.  I sold a bunch of Hasselblad
equipment several months ago and got much more for it than I ever
expected.  Prices for Rollei TLRs have jumped considerably as well.
I'm wishing now that I had held on to some of my personal gear longer.

I'm committed to digital for my commercial work, but I see many signs
that film is not dead and perhaps will see a renaissance in the next
few years.

Bob