On 7/20/08, Anthony Farr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> My hard drive has the death clicks.  Previously I had a couple of noisy
>  (clattery) startups but it has run quietly so I've just left it on full
>  Should I leave it on despite the clicks?  I worry that if I shut down it
>  won't reboot.  It's Win XP Home.

Definitely get the external drive and start backing it up now.

If you do need to shut it down, you may be able to recover the files
off of the drive by putting the drive into an external enclosure, and
putting the enclosure in the freezer. A USB cable will route out
through the freezer's door seal quite nicely. :-)

I'm not sure what cloning software exists for XP, though I bet someone
else on the list does.

-Mat