Thanks, Carlos. Unfortunately, this review only supports the same
issues that had been stated on the list earlier. And it seems that the
sharpness fall off towards the borders of the frame is indicative of
certain degree of field curvature of this lens. Tamron 17-50/2.8 is
both cheaper, faster and probably not significantly worse in other
respects. Although it does not have SDM and full time manual focus
override. Otherwise, Tamron 17-50/2.8 seems not worse of a choice to
me.

--
Boris