Based on their newsprint results I hope they got a bad copy. For the premium you pay over the kit lens I'd expect sharper results at wider apertures.

Carlos Royo wrote:

Boris Liberman escribió:

Brand new Tamron costs here order of $450, which considering that I already have it shipped, taxes paid and also covered with at least 1 year warranty, I reckon is a good price.

Here it costs more or less the same, VAT included.

If I remember well, you were interested in reading a review of the DA 17-70. I have found one:

http://www.digitalcamerareview.com/default.asp?newsID=3676&review=pentax+17-70mm

Carlos

You get further with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.
        --Al Capone.