I've shot 7135 frames with the W60 as of about an hour
ago (processing 416 shots as I type). I've had the
camera since Aug or Sept.

It is too small, but that's the point ('n shoot?). The
on/off IS too close to the shutter. They moved the
MENU button to the worst place they could near the
four way controller instead of by itself on the bottom
(like on my venerable W10). In fact, every control on
the camera is TERRIBLE; too small, too close to other
controls. Worse yet, too many functions require going
into the menus. However, I use the camera for a number
of hours every week and even though it's not "easy" to
use (especially with white gloves on - don't even get
me started), I've fallen in love with this ridiculous
thing.

It has a great lens and it focuses extremely close.
The resolution is not bad at all and it has the best
dynamic range of any of the Optios I've seen. It also
has a much better LCD which allows for quicker and
more accurate viewing which is VERY important for me
since I rarely shoot any multiple frames of any angle
if I can help it (I can't waste much time shooting
watches before it becomes upside-down financially).
Plus, during the summer's I take the camera to the
pool and shoot video with it...under water.

So, while I agree that the camera is not "easy" to use
and I can only get really good stuff with it under
only very controlled conditions, I like it. But man,
would I love to tell Pentax how to design the next
one!

-Brendan