Bob,

I had a Fiat. just a few years ago...the first smart car (Fiat 650.) It couldn't hurt a bug, or anything other car for that matter. My suspension folded in a tight turn (just messing around) and the Fiat fell over. No scrapes...just indentations from the gravel. To prove my fantastic judgment, my wife and I replaced a MG Sport Sedan with a Corvair. Ah youth!

John Graves
WA1JG
jh.gra...@verizon.net

Bob W wrote:
Looks to me like the Fiat clipped the Audi in the left rear hard enough to spin the car around rapidly enough so it rolled up onto it's right side and slid down the road and off into some foliage. The "cutting out" the rescue workers did was probably to bust out the rear window, go in and cut his seat belts, board and brace him, and drag him out the back. The car being up on it's passenger side left Bob's brother hanging by his belts, and perhaps not able to undo them as his weight was against their locking pawls and cams, or he might has covered the release with his body whilst hanging like that.

Exactly right!

Nasty business, and I'm glad he is OK. He'll be sore. Bummer about the car. Looks like a nice ride, one of the beefier Audis. The bitch is that the Fiat was probably repairable for a lot less.

He is most annoyed that a crappy little Fiat Punto could do such a thing to
his monster Audi.

Bob