Here's what you did: You shot at 7pm. That's probably less than an hour before
sundown at this time of year, so it's magic hour. The sun is coming from the
horizon, and it's filtered by a lot of atmosphere. So the color is golden. You
caught a bit of light spill from open sky in the shade. That's like shooting
with the ball down in an open area. That's the best light you'll ever find. The
quantity and quality are partly dependent on atmospheric conditions and the
presence or absence of clouds, but it's the kind of light that the best
location shooters look for.
Paul