Graydon <o...@uniserve.com> wrote:

> I've never needed to turn the shake reduction off in the K20D.  If I
> have the camera on a tripod on a really solid substrate -- bedrock,
> concrete footings -- I don't get any benefit from it, but I haven't seen
> any harm from it, either.

I've just recenty noticed a rather strange phenomenon with my K-7:

I usually travel with two tripods. A heavy wooden Berlebach and a simple
metal tripod that has the great advantage of being set-up literally
within seconds as you only need to push three locking tabs to make each
of the legs unfold by spring force. Surprisingly solid and steady, that
little thing.

Put the K-7 with activated SR and Live View on the small tripod and
within seconds the whole combination of camera and tripod will begin to
strongly oscillate at around 10 Hertz. Obviously some resonance
phenomenon triggered by the SR. Never seen anything like that before.

Ralf

--
Ralf R. Radermacher  -  DL9KCG  -  Köln/Cologne, Germany
Blog   : http://the-real-fotoralf.blogspot.com