On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 11:17:44PM -0400, Miserere scripsit:
> On 27 April 2010 22:05, Graydon <gray...@marost.ca> wrote:
> >
> [snip] and the sensor won't be either Sony or Samsung.
>
> Which basically leaves us with Kodak, who only makes a CCD, not CMOS,
> FF sensor.

There are others.  They're small and poorly publicly known, but that's
possibly an advantage for Pentax in their present circumstances.

> While I'm sure Pentax could do a better job with high ISO than Leica
> has with the M9, I'd still much rather prefer a Sony sensor. And why
> did you say Pentax couldn't rely on Sony for sensors?

Because Pentax had serious trouble getting them on time and in
sufficient quantity, and that was when Sony was just selling them to
Nikon, not putting them in their own cameras.  Japanese companies do
not start buying high tech anything from Korean companies without a very
strong reason.

Sony, as a corporate objective, wants every other DSLR camera maker on
the planet out of business.  They may not be able to accomplish this but
they're going to try.  Makes them a bad choice, different business
division or not within Sony, for a primary provider of a critical part.

-- Graydon