On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 08:13:43PM +0200, eckinator wrote:
> 2010/5/19 Christian Skofteland <pterali...@aim.com>:
> >
> > I bought my G11 a few weeks ago at BestBuy in Virginia.  While in New York
> > on business I accidentally spilled a collegues
> > cocktail all over it.  Needless to say it stopped working.  I went back to
> > BestBuy on my return, after gathering the
> > original receipt and packaging, and told the return clerk that the camera
> > "stopped working after a week."
> > He appologized and replaced the camera without asking any further questions.
>
> Can't believe you did that. Hate to step on your or anyone's toes but
> instead of taking responsibility you ripped them off and knew so.

> the directions.

No. I disagree.  I was in customer service for a decade or so.  The customer is
always right and you never say "no."

There are stories of retail clothing stores taking snow tires in exchanges from
customers.  I worked in the hotel business and never said "no" even though I
knew the hotel guests were full of shit and I pounded it into my employees head
that they should never say "no."

The guy at BestBuy could have asked what happened but as a good customer
service person he did not.  I'm a terrible liar and I would have confessed if
asked if it got wet.  I totally take responsibility for wrecking the camera as
I've admitted to what happened here and to all my friends and family.  i made
an attempt to recover my loss and was successful.  My conscience is clear.

--

Christian