On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 3:32 PM, Scott Loveless <sdlovel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 1:17 PM, Paul Sorenson <allarou...@earthlink.net>
> wrote:
>> Unfortunately it's not just parents that do this.  We're had several cases
>> in MKE, in both summer and in the dead of winter,  where the driver of a day
>> care van has forgotten to off-load a child.  For those folks they're
>> considering an alarm that can only be disarmed by physically deactivating it
>> at each and every seat in the van, thus, theoretically, making sure each
>> seat is checked to make sure no one is left behind.

All bus carriers here have a check for sleeping children rule. Our
company is one of the few that have several alarms on the bus that
force the driver to get up and check and then press the buttons to
disarm. The button is at the back door.

I';m quite anal about this check, I do a full up and down after each
run, then a full up and down at the end of each shift, plus i look
under the seats at the the front of the bus and then walk back to the
rear door and look under those seats as well.

Dave
--
Documenting Life in Rural Ontario.
www.caughtinmotion.com