On Jun 4, 2010, at 11:10 , steve harley wrote:

On 2010-06-04 00:23 , John Sessoms wrote:
However the software doesn't give me the choice of NO. It only gives me the choice to change the configuration so as to make the drive useless
or to cancel.

If this were Windoze software, there would be some way to turn the
software off.

i think this is solvable, but vague descriptions are not going to cut it; obviously your gurus don't even know how to google so let me give you what i've got: first of all i plug multi-format drives into Macs all the time and get no such pop-up

<snip>

given the right details i can do some googling for your gurus

I refrained from commenting, because I could not for the life on me figure out why he would get such a message other than what you've mentioned about some irregularity in the formatting of a dual use drive. Oh, and a La Cie drive as well. Any drive I use is reformatted with the current version of Disk Utility before I use it. I don't use the "One Button Backup" or other little things that come with many drives, so do not need any software that they include on the drive.

Joseph McAllister
pentax...@mac.com

“ It is still true, as was first said many years ago, that people are the only sophisticated computing devices that can be made at low cost by unskilled workers!”
— Martin G. Wolf, PhD