This is probably going to be my last on Mac vs PC for now. I'm getting busy at school and barely have time to follow the list.

There are about 70 students in my class, broken into three sections.

Among the 70, there are maybe 10 who are over the age of 21. All the rest are right out of high school.

The network is also set up to be Mac only, to indoctrinate the kids properly from the beginning. I don't know what their experience with computers in school prior to this has been, but I think it might have been rather apple-centric.

What I think is going on is the Mac network at school is screwed down really tight to keep the students from doing anything that might screw with it. You can't change any preferences, and no allowance is even made for saving those preferences as a script on your own drive.

Basically, it's just not set up to play nice with those who already know something about a different way of doing things, and no allowance is made for the diversity of those who use Windoze at home.

Not a matter of can't ... won't.