This happened on my MX and I had to undo the screws that held the K-mount to
the body and remove the entire mount. At that point I was able to disengage the
flat spring that locks the M42 adapter into the K-mount. After that I got a
genuine Pentax adapter and discarded the third party one that had caused the
trouble.

That procedure was relatively safe on the MX which doesn't have any electrical
contacts in the mount. With the PZ70 you have the complication of all of the AE
contacts. I'm not sure how the contacts are held in place and removing the
mount may result in a lot of very small and fiddly parts falling into your lap

Paul.