> Pentax has the manual on-line as a PDF file:
>
> http://www.pentaximaging.com/files/manual/Mount_Adapter_K.pdf
>
> It says there's spring you have to push in with the tip of a ball point pen,
> then you just turn it counter-clockwise until it stops & it will come out.

When it works normally, that is what happens. It should just twist and click
into place and then when you are done you use the special tool which disengages
the spring and allows you to twist it out again. Except when it goes wrong and
you can't disengage the spring and the adapter is then jammed solid. I have
heard of a few other people (apart from myself and Jerry) that this has
happened to and it is always a third-party adapter that goes wrong.

Paul