From: Jerry in Arizona
OK, this may sound stupid but I hope to get some advice on using the PENTAX M42-PK adapter.? I recently bought a non OEM adapter and it is now permanently stuck in an old K mount camera (PZ-70).? Luckily I tested it first.? I don't want to repeat that on my K20D.? I guess the most important part is getting it out.? All advice and help greatfully requested.

Pentax has the manual on-line as a PDF file:

http://www.pentaximaging.com/files/manual/Mount_Adapter_K.pdf

It says there's spring you have to push in with the tip of a ball point pen, then you just turn it counter-clockwise until it stops & it will come out.