Ok, Bob.... I've been wrestling with your suggestion all day.  And
though I'm still grappling with the ins & outs of 8 vs 10 bit color &
the DisplayPort technology, the big question I have is this:   Is
having the DisplayPort any use to me right now?   Using my camera
(k7), computer (macbook pro) & software (cs4), will the NEC PA series
offer me anything over the P221W, as far as how it deals with color?

Thanks for your input,

-c