On 2010-10-04 22:42, John Sessoms wrote:
Jumping into this kind of late ...

Is anyone using a HDTV as a monitor?

Pros/cons with regard to calibration, i.e. will the calibration
dohickeys work with them?

I'm looking at a Samsung P2770HD LCD monitor that includes an ATSC tuner
as a possible replacement for one of my old IBM P260 CRTs, but I'm
wondering if I might do as well to just get an LCD TV?

Yes, I'm using a Panasonic, couldn't tell you the model number, but it's a pretty plain-Jane model, no 120Hz, much less 240Hz, no LED backlighting.

But it /rocks/ as a photo display. As I mentioned a couple of days ago, the gamut seems larger than my HP LP2475w IPS monitor and the blacks are much deeper than on the HP. And the 40" LCD TV cost me about the same as the 24" HP.

--
Thanks,
DougF (KG4LMZ)