George Sinos wrote on Mon, 25 Oct 2010 06:28:54 -0700

> Today's Topic -your first camera. How did you get started?
>

> http://georges.posterous.com/first-camera

The first camera I used regularly was my older brother's Universal Meteor 620,
a very simple design with a singlet lens which aperatures from f11-32, two
shutter settings (B and I ) and an extinction light meter.  I used it while I
was in high school with rather indifferent results. Nostalgia led me to buy one
on eBay last summer for $6!

When I earned enough money from my paper route to buy a decent  camera I bought
a used a Rolleiflex 3.5E which I used for several years until I got the itch
for interchangeable lenses.  The Rollei was  then replaced by my first new
camera, a Pentax H3v, and I've been shooting Pentax ever since...

Regards, Jim

"Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you.
It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it
and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and
jumping into your lap."
- William Bennett

Jim King
jamesk8...@mac.com