On Tue, 26 Oct 2010 07:56 +1000, "John Coyle" <jco...@iinet.net.au>
wrote:
> We've done this before, a few years ago, but I guess it won't hurt as
> there
> are many new subscribers.
> My first camera was a Voigtlander Vito CD, fixed lens rangefinder with a
> selenium meter.  Gave me very good results and sparked my interest in
> photography so that I then bought a Pentax SV: stayed with a Pentax as my
> main camera ever since, although as I mentioned in another thread, had a
> Fujita ST705n(?) when my SV was stolen.  And, because the Amateur
> Photographer magazines I was reading in the late 60's  always said a
> photographer needed both rangefinder and SLR types, and 35mm and 6x6
> formats, I later got a Rolleicord and a Fed4L - the latter I still have,
> and
> despite it's being Russian, cost the same new as the second-hand
> Voigtlander, is still going strong: it's built like a tank.

Like you, my first camera was a Voigtlander rangefinder, given to me by
a friend.  It was probably one of the Vito family but its exact
designation is lost in the dimness of memory.

Anyway, it gave way to a second-hand Pentax S1a (the first camera I
actually bought).  Somehow I managed to skip the Spotmatic era and
subsequently there was a brief dalliance with a Ricoh XR2 (before it was
stolen), but I returned to Pentax with a P30n and have been here ever
since.

Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters