From: pdml-boun...@pdml.net [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of Jim
King
Sent: Tuesday, 26 October 2010 1:00 AM
To: pdml@pdml.net
Subject: Re: PESO -First Camera - George's posterous

George Sinos wrote on Mon, 25 Oct 2010 06:28:54 -0700

> Today's Topic -your first camera. How did you get started?
>

> http://georges.posterous.com/first-camera

The first camera I used regularly was my older brother's Universal Meteor
620, a very simple design with a singlet lens which aperatures from f11-32,
two shutter settings (B and I ) and an extinction light meter.  I used it
while I was in high school with rather indifferent results. Nostalgia led me
to buy one on eBay last summer for $6!

When I earned enough money from my paper route to buy a decent  camera I
bought a used a Rolleiflex 3.5E which I used for several years until I got
the itch for interchangeable lenses.  The Rollei was  then replaced by my
first new camera, a Pentax H3v, and I've been shooting Pentax ever since...

Regards, Jim

"Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid
you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your
business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your
lap."
- William Bennett

Jim King
jamesk8...@mac.com