Never worry about the aesthetic quality of a photograph when a
prospective client is interested in it. That does not influence the
price.

What influences the price is what the photo editor wants for the
project, whether the story editor and author concur with that, and how
much money they have to spend on the project and the photographs.

News photographs are a little different in that some photos are more
valuable than others as a factor of the event, their rarity,
timeliness, etc. I've only sold a little into the news/journalism
marketplace (would like to do more work in that area ... it's fun and
challenging).

--
Godfrey
  godfreydigiorgi.posterous.com