On Jan 21, 2011, at 6:11 PM, Igor Roshchin wrote:

> Paul,
>
> Regarding the last sentence in your comment, more specifically,
> the word "anything".
> Can you sell merchandise (a T-shirt or a calendar) with a photo of
> a celebrity you snapped on a city street or at a public event?
> The way I read the book (and other materials), - that would be a
> violations of the existing laws.

I'm not sure. You're taking it beyond a photograph, and there may be trademark
issues involved. The passage you quoted from the book didn't touch on anything
of that nature. It merely seemed to deal with use or a photo for advertising or
promotions. That's obviously taboo. But I'm no expert when it comes to drawing
a fine line. I just wouldn't do it.
Paul