Replying to myself to  edit this comment:

Ann Sanfedele wrote:

I'm glad that the thumbnails are seen in the correct proportion on that site, though. I don't understand at all why when a good 90% of photogs (just guessing here, but it seems so) are producing their original images in othe aspect ratios.
.... that most of the photo hosting sites on line show only square thumbnails... in fact, that's the default in smugmug and
I have to keep changing it for my stuff.