Although the thumbnails are properly proportioned in the voting
process, once an image is placed in the gallery, it gets a square
thumbnail.  One of my favorite images, the Garden Walk from Villa San
Michelle on Capri, make the gallery on the first submission.  Now,
the thumbnail now on the gallery shows only the foliage in the upper
portion of the image, but none of the walkway or the walker:

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/home#section=ARTIST&subSection=1309043&subSubSection=5249634&language=EN

Dan

--
Dan Matyola