On 24/04/11 10:21, Pete McIntosh wrote:
On 24/04/2011, at 15:57, David Mann<d...@multisport.net.nz>  wrote:

On Apr 24, 2011, at 4:54 AM, Drew wrote:

At home I attacked them with a bucket of soapy water.... and very pretty they
look too.  Except as I was cleaning them I though to myself 'blimey these don't
feel as light as I expected'   Out with the kitchen scales; yes they are
exactly 100g HEAVIER than the 'no-brand' STEEL wheels originally fitted to my
Peugeot back in the mid '80's.  So much for progress!!
If they're built for time-trial or track use that's entirely possible.  In
those cases the aero advantage greatly outweighs the ability to accelerate and
climb.

The wheels on my road bike are middle-of-the-range and weigh about 1,550 grams.
 Zipp 808's are hellishly expensive and weigh 200g more.  But I know which I'd
rather have in a TT :)

Cheers,
Dave

PS post a photo!

Agreed - photo please!

Ciao,

Pete Mac (cycling gear addict)

Here's a quick snap...

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/x_1gcLaeeb2t7stqOQOvNpYbvVZjbKqgp_lbMQLpny8?feat=email

I'm note sure what sort of bike they were supplied with but the guy that gave them to me does quite a few miles with a club...

TBH I will probably just stick to my old wheels for now, I pretty much only do a little light cruising with my kids these days (I took up jogging instead).... maybe I'll get some new rims built on the good hubs..

Thanks for your thoughts all...
Drew.