> From: pdml-boun...@pdml.net [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of
> Drew
[...]
> Well... kind of....   I took up jogging as my primary method of
> (attempting) keep fit.  I find I can get far more knackered, far more
> quickly on foot :-) and with two kids demanding attention time is at a
> premium, also jogging is no fun so the kids don't want to come out with
> me. When they come cycling I cannot go fast enough to get a decent
> workout!..

Do both. If you can find a circuit that takes about as long to cycle as the
time you normally spend jogging, then you should be able to get a reasonable
workout.

My jogging routine takes about 35 minutes normally, which is also the time
it takes me to cycle to work (and the same back again). So by
cycle-commuting I have added over 6 hours extra exercise to my week - I do
some extra miles on a Thursday - and reduced my expenditure on public
transport by about £50/week - which I have added to my pension plan. There's
no downside.

I wouldn't give up jogging because I too find that it knackers me more. It's
also high impact, which is good for bone strength.