See what I mean about "conventional thinking". Trainers have been telling me
this for years.  I'm still not running in the cold, however ;-)
-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Roberts <m...@robertstech.com>
Sender: pdml-boun...@pdml.net
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 20:08:06
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List<pdml@pdml.net>
Subject: Re: Totally OT: Who'd have thought it? (bike related)

Steven Desjardins wrote:

>The problem I have is that "general wisdom" on exercise changes every
>five years.  I try to run 3-4 times a week for about 5k distances.  I
>use the other 4-3 days for weights.  I have little doubt that biking
>is better on the joints

Nope, that's an old wives' tale. The Arthritis Foundation and others
have done numerous long-term studies on runners and found absolutely
no connection between knee (or any other joint) problems and running.
My father never ran at all for sport or fitness and his knees were
shot by the time he was 50. I'm approaching that age with fine knees
even after 14 marathons and more shorter races than I can count.

--
Mark Roberts - Photography & Multimedia
www.robertstech.com