On 11/05/11 4:06 PM, Brian Walters wrote:
G'day all

My son is looking at this lens for his K20D.

The reviews look good but I'm just wondering if anyone here has any
experience with it.

Cheers

Brian

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Brian Walters
Western Sydney Australia
http://lyons-ryan.org/southernlight/

I love mine. I is one of the first lenses in the camera bag along with my DA 21mm limited.

I have not had any issues with the SDM, it is quiet and fast.

The lens is a pleasure to use  with silky smooth focusing and zooming.

It is good portrait lens and ideal for indoor sports where the light can be problematic.

It is heavy, but that is the price you pay for all that lovely glass.

I have not really tried the weather proofing, the worst I have had it out in is very light rain.

These shots were with it on a K5

http://aviewfinderdarkly.com.au/2011/04/11/south-island-sirens-vs-van-diemen-rollers/