On 2011-06-22 09:25 , Darren Addy wrote:
So I thought I would ask PDML members for their opinions on which lens
(or lenses) they would rank as the sharpest in their stable:
Overall
and
Wide Open

i'm pretty sure my A 50/1.7 and M 50/1.4 are quite sharp, not sure which is sharper but i use the 1.7 mostly; my Sigma 105/2.8 EX Macro is probably sharper, and probably has a flatter field; i have an SMC Bellows 100/4 which i've only used a bit; perhaps it's even sharper

but i really don't know for sure; for me it raises the question should i do more tests (at the expense of time practicing making a picture)? probably not, but i test a bit now and then in a casual way; mostly i intuit from the results i get, and i think all of the above lenses can get about as much as i can from the sensor of my K200d; should i question that assumption? would i start to see the limits of these lenses with a K5? when i pixel peep i also seem to get plenty of sharpness from my Sigma 28/2.8 and even my DA 16-45 at f/8