On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 2:20 PM, steve harley <p...@paper-ape.com> wrote:
> On 2011-06-28 15:08 , Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:
>>
>> I know he's looking with a Windows system and I'm looking with a Mac
>> OS X system. What are you looking with? What browser?
>
> fwiw, using Safari on Mac OS X 10.5.8 w/o Flash (so i get the HTML5
> version), i see no ad; but when i load YouTube up in Chrome sometimes and
> view Flash versions, i sometimes see preceding ads

That's interesting. How do you have "w/o Flash"?

I just checked Safari's plug-ins and it lists
  Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102 — from file “Flash Player.plugin”
which is installed by default.

I'm running Safari 5.0.5 on Mac OS X 10.6.8. I don't know which
version (flash or HTML5) I'm seeing, how do you tell?, but it's the
same as what I see in Firefox.

Thanks for the info.
--
Godfrey