What a great exposure. Clouds (fog) and water carry subtle, but good detail.
Lights MAY show the slightest movement. Total rendering very nice.

Jack
----- Original Message -----
From: "eactiv...@aol.com" <eactiv...@aol.com>
To: pdml@pdml.net
Sent: Friday, August 26, 2011 7:37 AM
Subject: PESO: Foggy City

This is what started me thinking about the K-5  and low light cameras.

Went with friend to Treasure Island to take pics  of San Francisco. I had
never been there before, but I had googled and found it  had the best view of
SF. I wanted to do this at the Ft. Point NorCal meet, but  practically no
one else did. Mainly bridge logistics.

Well, the view was  FANTASTIC!

Only once I got there I discovered my quick release plate was  not with me.
(Self-kick, self-kick, self-kick, self-curse, self-curse,  self-curse,
self-lambast, self-not-speaking-to-self.)

So had to shoot  without a tripod. Shot at 1600 ISO at 1/15. The only half
way decent shots I got  was before it got completely dark. The rest have way
too much  noise.

http://www.mapphotography.com/PAWS/pages/foggycity.htm

But  the view was fantastic. Even with fog.

Marnie the akaless

(I will  explain this once, then refer to it about two more times. When I
first came on  the Net everyone was using handles. As a single woman,
younger, I also got hit  on a fair amount in certain venues. So it seemed like
good idea to have a  handle. I went first with femaledeer then later with
doeadeer as an email  address. I shortened it to Doe in my signature/tag line.
So for about 15 years  in certain venues I was known as Doe. All that seems
silly now, so I am going to  drop it here, where I have used my own name
anyway. I'll reserve it for people  who actually know me by that handle. For a
few weeks I will be the akaless, then  just Marnie.)