Michele wrote ...

> Point taken Bill, thanks - but is the aperture on
> these lenses wide enough?, seeing that the DOF
> increases with increased angles....

        My FishEye is an f4 and the 20mm is the infamous f4.5
        Both will do this, although focus distance is, like,
        a foot or two. Not sure of apertures on lenses you are
        considering. DOF scales will tell the story, if they have
        them.   < ... going to get my 24mm >

        OK -- @ f4 and 4ft focus DOF from ~3ft to ~6ft and
        the infamous "colored DOF markings" give 4ft-infinity
        depth of field w/ f8 at 9ft focus distance

        Bill