on 2011-12-05 22:40 Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote
Many people continue to do their work in Photoshop, for whatever
reasons. No need to be apologetic about it.

Lightroom simply does what I need to do better, most of the time. When
it doesn't, I use PS or other tools.

i rarely use Photoshop any more either; as an lapsed Photoshop pro, i know i'm missing certain types of opportunities; it's partly a matter of time, and perhaps enjoyment of straight shooting, but it's as much that the organizational comprehensiveness and non-destructive paradigm of Aperture (applies equally to Lightroom) make me hesitate to exile an image to the world of hard files

i think it would be great (and would induce me to switch from Aperture) if Adobe would integrate PS with LR's non-destructive paradigm, such that anything done in PS could be considered part of the non-destructive edit trail and the image could continue to be managed in LR ...

i'm sure this is a tall order because the two apps have entirely different foundations, and Adobe at the moment is having a corporate midlife crisis, so any bold moves it might make are likely to be ill-considered