Very cool!  Congrats on the K-5.  I used the grip on the K-10 & 20, but never
got around to buying it for the K-7&5.  I'm finding I really don't have the
urge to use it.  I really don't want to add the weight.  I always advocated for
a battery grip, but with the 7&5, I'm less inclined to do so.  Maybe try the
k-5 without the grip for a while--see what you think?  Cheers, Christine