On 2012-01-07 22:07, Larry Colen wrote:

One thing that causes me pause, though it would also apply to a desktop
mac, is the displays. A while back, someone observed that up until HDTV
the performance and resolution of displays were constantly improving.
Since HDTV, it's been damn near impossible to find a display with more
than 1920x1080 resolution, at least for an affordable price.

Take a look at the HP ZR series. They use some variant of IPS technology, so the color is good. It comes in the following sizes:

20"  1600 x  900
22"  1920 x 1080
24"  1920 x 1200
27"  2560 x 1440
30"  2560 x 1600

But watch the prices. A couple of the models are much higher. For example, there's a 24" that's around $300-400 and another, with the same resolution, that's over $1,000. I'm not sure of the difference.

--
Thanks,
DougF (KG4LMZ)