From: Godfrey DiGiorgi

On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 10:15 AM, John Sessoms <jsessoms...@nc.rr.com> wrote:
Depends on what you enjoy & how much satisfaction you get out of doing it.

Sure, I could get almost the same performance from that iMac while spending
just a little more money ... BUT

I wouldn't enjoy putting it together half so much, and I wouldn't get to use
any of the parts I already bought. Plus the computer would be configured to
what Apple thinks I need rather than to what I want.

Different strokes for different folks.

Yes indeed. You want to hobby with computers, I want to do
photography. Both are perfectly fine pastimes.

I enjoy my photography. I just see no point in wasting money on something that doesn't give me satisfaction, when I can get something that will for the same money.