From: mike wilson

On 08/01/2012 00:28, John Sessoms wrote:
I'm planning a new computer to dedicate for photo & audio editing. I've
got the money saved and am just finalizing the necessary components
before I buy. I already have some of the components on hand; the case &
power supply (650W), and a couple of hard drives I can use at least
temporarily.

Try running your spec through http://support.asus.com/powersupply.aspx

Don't forget to add one or two extras, like another HDD or DVD drive,
just in case....

Note that the answer it gives is the power actually needed, not the
number written on the box.  A good power supply is probably only 80%
efficient - many are less than 50%.  You need to check that with your
present unit.

I used a power supply estimator I found at Newegg back when I first started planning this, and it told me I needed 500W.

I wanted a 800W PS, but the Corsair TX650 went on sale at a steep discount plus a rebate, so I went ahead and took the plunge on it.