> From: John Francis <jo...@panix.com>
> What Apple's strategy is toaday may be debatable. But Steve Jobs made it
> very clear that his intention was to do everything he could to bury Google.
>
> I see the suit against Samusung as just part of this overall objective.

I agree with William Robb's sentiment regarding Apple. I can't
remember the exact post, and haven't read many in this thread.

I have an iPod Touch for music, but this whole thing with Apple
disgusts me. I have no intention of buying another Apple product
unless something happens to change my mind.

I recently bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 and frankly I find it
hard to imagine there's much I'd want to do on an iPad that I couldn't
do on the Samsung. For me the tablet is a consumption device and if I
can't edit RAW's on it at present I have no interest in using it for
photo-editing (and I might not anyway). Granted the iPad's display
resolution is higher, but in a device of this size I tend to sense a
case of diminishing returns. At some point increased resolution only
really counts if it allows me to view the image both larger and
crisper.

If I understand correctly Samsung is the supplier of many of Apple's
displays. If true, where would Apple get them from if not from
Samsung? If I were Samsung, I'd consider raising the price of a
display panel to cover Apples's lawsuit if they don't win on appeal.
In that case Apple would be paying the $1B penalty themselves instead
of Samsung, or passing it along to their customers. Samsung could
laugh all the way to the bank.

Apple appears like a rabid dog in some sense, biting the hand that
feeds it. Granted Samsung also profits because of the popularity of
Apple products which use Samsung components. Still if I were; Samsung
I'd stick it to Apple cost-wise. I'm sure they're already considering
it.

Tom C.