Loose barrels on AF lenses have been discussed since the "F" days. I first
heard of it (and noticed on mine) in the "FA" era with my PZ-1p. Supposed to
have no impact on image quality. The official reason for this is the AF motors
did not have the power to focus a lens against the drag of what used to be
tight brass on brass movement. The very thing we loved about the older lenses,
the silky smooth focusing movement, had to go for AF to work.