Dan, did you ever consider extension tubes ? This would mean manual focus and you can use them with any lens that have a manual aperture setting. I understand the newer 35 mm Pentax macro is nice.I use a 60 mm manual focus and manual aperture screw mount lens with a screw mount to k mount adapter which in made by Yashica and is very very nice. Also as others have spoken about is the Pentax k mount 100mm F4.0 manual focus which is also nice, which I have. The 100 mm F2.8 A Pentax lens is an auto focus lens which I like and use sometimes. Also there is a Pentax 50 mm F2.8 A that is manual focus which I also use.The other one that I use is the 200 mm F4.0 A Pentax lens which is very very nice, but this is also manual focus..Dan hope this this gives you some help..Joe

I want a versatile macro lens for my K-r, that would be suitable when
eventually I upgrade to a K-5 series or whatever comes along.  Without
getting too exotic or pricey, I would like fairly wide max aperture
and good bokeh.  I would use it mostly to shoot flowers, butterflies
and the like.  If it could take decent images outside the macro range
as well, that would be a plus.

What are others using?  What moderately price lens would you recommend>

TIA, Dan

Dan Matyola