Just today a coworker of mine was boasting with his brand new galaxy note 2 phablet. It was so cool, he said - it automatically connected to his Facebook account, scanned all the entries there and built a dictionary for his phablet predictive input keyboard... I was very heavily scratching my head from within as I was listening to him...

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com

On December 19, 2012 7:43:53 AM Doug Franklin <do...@nutdriver.org> wrote:
On 2012-12-18 23:23, Tom C wrote:

> In what way I ask. There's certainly much I don't know. Are you
> referring to the concept of personal privacy or the state of personal
> privacy (i.e. the ease with which it can be invaded and trampled
> upon)?  I understand privacy can be invaded in any number of ways, but
> never in human history have major portions of populations, via
> technology, enabled powers to clandestinely track them, including
> their whereabouts, contacts, purchases, transactions, etc.

If I understand the argument correctly, it's about expectation of
privacy.  The argument seems to go along the lines of how, outside
fairly recent Western societies, privacy didn't really exist due to the
living conditions, to the extent that no one really thought much about
it, much less agonized over whether it was a right, a privilege, a
circumstance, or a symptom.

--
Doug "Lefty" Franklin
NutDriver Racing