What photos are you losing because your gear isn't performing well enough, or
because it doesn't have a feature that you need? And in what situations does
this present itself?  If there is a work around, what do you need to do to get
the shot?

Poor autofocus?  Can't use the flash in the rain?  Don't have enough resolution
to make wall sized prints?

For example, "my camera sucks because it isn't full frame" is not what I'm
looking for.  Here's a hypothetical case:
The exposure metering sucks. If I leave the camera on auto exposure, then when
I am taking photos of Dave Brooks working the corner of Heart Attack and Vine
downtown, the camera keeps metering for the stop light, and both David, and his
pimp Doug come out way underexposed.  If I dial in exposure compensation, then
when I shoot without the light in the background it overexposes and his white
satin pants are totally blown out.  I just have to put the camera in manual,
set the exposure by the histogram, and hope that no cars catch them in their
headlights.